6 Simple Ideas to Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with your kids!
Holidays are so fun when you experience them through the eyes of your kids! It's one of my favorite things about being a parent...but I don't have time to go all out for every holiday so I keep it simple! These ideas are super easy and don't take a lot of extra time. I'm making breakfast, lunch and dinner anyway so I just plan a few extra treats and buy green food coloring, easy peasy! Hope these ideas help inspire you to come up with something that works for your family!
1. St. Patrick's Day Decorations - I like to have simple St. Patrick's Day decorations put up around the house. I don't go all out for St. Patrick's Day, but I have a few signs that I put up. These little decorations add a little excitement as the kids start thinking about whats coming. This mantle is all I usually put up. I made the shamrock garland for about $2.50! I found the shamrocks at the dollar store and bought some green ribbon from Walmart for $.47. It turned out so cute! Right now i'm all about the rustic, farmhouse style and these cute rustic signs fit perfectly on my mantle. These are handmade from my little online shop if you want to check them out you can just click the seasonal link above.
2. Serve Green Pancakes & Green Milk for Breakfast - This is something my kids look forward to each year. Just add a few drops of green food coloring to the pancake batter and milk...maybe a few green sugar sprinkles, some whip cream and Voila! A green breakfast that puts a smile on your kiddo's faces first thing in the morning.
3. Wear matching St. Patrick's Day Shirts - This is something new we are doing this year! Usually we just wear something green we have hanging the closet, but this year I decided to make us matching family monogram 4-leaf clover shirts. If you want some too, click on the link below. I found some really cute green hats & bow ties at the dollar store to make it a little more fun.
4. Send a fun St. Patrick's Day treat in their lunch - Popcorn is a favorite snack for my kids, so its something I have sent in the past. Visit my Pinterest board - St. Patrick's Day Ideas to see a few ideas. I have plenty of green or rainbow treats pinned that would be a fun surprise for your kids to find their lunch box! Link to Pinterest board: https://www.pinterest.com/carrielgreen4/st-patricks-day-ideas/
5. Attend Local Parades or Celebrations - This one can be really fun and get you out of the house for couple hours. Check your local community calendar for events at kids museums, event centers, recreation centers, or local restaurants.
6. Make a Rainbow Dessert for Dinner - This is fun way to end the night! There are a bunch of different rainbow desserts you can make - layered jello, rainbow cakes, rainbow cookies, and pudding. Again, you can visit my pinterest page for a few ideas.
Again, I hope this list of simple ideas helps you make St. Patrick's Day fun! Your kids will love that you took a little extra time to celebrate with them. Plus, you will make some magical long lasting memories and that's what it is really all about!